Here's how NitroPack provides 6000+ users with outstanding performance and Page Speed Insights (PSI) results
We’ve received questions like:
“How does NitroPack work?”, “Are you treating PageSpeed Insights tests preferentially?”, “Is this somehow tricking Google’s algorithms”?
The short answer:
Nope, no voodoo, no dark magic. Just a lot of hard work that results in great tech that is already bringing value to 6000+ websites with customers all over the globe.
(If you’re still not benefiting from NitroPack’s optimization service for your website, get yourself a premium subscription. We’ll configure the service for your website and if you don’t like it, you’ll get your money back - 14-day full refund guarantee.)
The long answer:
The results in our demo tester come straight from the public API of PSI. We do all sorts of optimizations like HTML, CSS and JS minification, critical CSS, CSS and JS concatenation, image optimization, image, iframe and embed lazy loading, asset preloading, origin pre-connects etc.
However, the implementation of most of these features goes beyond what is typically found in other solutions. For example:
- minification is done on AST trees instead of using regexes, yielding the best results in terms of code size and stability of the operation
- critical CSS is generated on a per device per layout basis which mean each of the optimized pages will include critical CSS tailored for its layout and the visitor's device
- CSS and JS concatenations are both extremely stable
- image optimization is done using best-in-class tools and browsers that support WEBP automatically receive WEBP images
- image lazy loading is automatically applied on iframes, embeds, images, and CSS background images (even declarations in external files multiple levels down an import chain)
In addition to the above-mentioned optimizations, NitroPack serves all of the optimized assets through a CDN.
All of this is done automatically and all features are designed to work together for best performance. Oh, and AJAX caching and adaptive image scaling are coming soon to all NitroPack installations near you.
Many of these features can be found in other solutions, but we are yet to find an easy-to-use, automated and stable service that does them all to the extent that NitroPack does.
And that’s not the full story. These are only the set of optimizations that we apply in our Medium mode.
If one is willing to invest their own money, substantial time and effort to acquire the knowledge and skills, instead of growing their business, it is possible to achieve a limited amount of these speed optimization features and results.
For everyone else, NitroPack is the Swiss Army knife of web speed optimization - easy to use, automated, and with a growing feature set.
There’s a great chance NitroPack will provide the best speed optimizations you have ever seen for your website. Test for yourself.